Official 2020 HCPCS Level II Expert Code Book
Hundreds of annual changes mean that if you use HCPCS Level II for durable medical equipment (DME), chemotherapy injections, Medicare services, ambulance, quality reporting, or other medical services and supplies, you need the 2020 HCPCS Level II Expert. Using the most up-to-date information is necessary to comply with HIPAA, reduce denied claims, and receive prompt payments.
These special codes for medical supplies, injectables, etc., are often overlooked or used improperly. This book can ensure your practice gets paid for these items without having to refile. This book is more than a list of codes. It includes rules for usage, tips on selection, and other helpful features. The book details all supplementary codes required by CMS for supplies and services not listed in the CPT®.
- Comprehensive 2020 code updates. For new, deleted, and changed code modifiers.
- Expanded brand-name drugs in Table of Drugs. Easy-to-read tables and tips to help you pair drugs with codes.
- Modifiers. Easy-to-find modifiers on the front fold-out flap.
- AAPC exclusive! Expanded online updates and expert tips, including exam prep advice.
- APC status indicators and ASC designation symbols. To find codes payable through OPPS.
- Adhesive tabs. Preprinted tabs for quick, easy reference to frequently used sections and codes.
- DMEPOS icon. Supplemental information to simplify DME billing.
- Full-color anatomical illustrations. To accurately identify which part of the body the code describes.
- AHA coding clinic for HCPCS references. Citations to help you report supplies and services correctly.
- User-friendly appendixes. Extra information, including relevant parts of the Medicare Pub. 100.
- Color-coded bars and icons. Flags signaling Pub. 100 references, age and sex edits, quantity alerts, new/deleted/revised code changes, and government coverage and rules.
- User-friendly appendixes. Additional information with structured references and excerpts.
- Spiral binding. Book lays flat for easy coding, scanning and printing, and durability.